How about a doll’s day at the Renaissance Festival? Does your doll want to become a Knight? This Knight’s Garments pattern from ReadCreations will make it happen. This pattern includes instructions for the Pants, Tabard, Chainmail Shirt and Chainmail Hood. The Chainmail Shirt can be long or short and can have long or short sleeves.
The Tabard can be long or short as well and has two closing options (ties or hook-and-loop). If you decide on the ties, the Tabard is reversible for even more mix and match options.
Bonus Instructions for a belt and sword loop are also included.
Combine with the ReadCreations’ The Knight’s Armor pattern to finish your Knight’s look.
But wait, you also need to dress the ladies! Use the ReadCreations’ Medieval Dress, Tudor Ensemble or Viking Dress pattern to complete the scene.
This PDF pattern is designed to fit 18″ dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: cotton fabric
Supplies needed for Tabard
• Cotton fabric (one or two colors) about 1/6 yard each (6″ x 22″ each side/color)
• For decoration, either iron-on (vinyl or to print on for dark fabrics) or acrylic paint with fabric paint medium
• freezer paper if making a stencil outline for decoration with acrylic paint
• 1/8″ – ¼” wide ribbon (optional for decoration)
• 24″ of 1/8″ wide ribbon or twill tape for tie closure
(1) 1 ¼” x 3/8″ soft part of hook-and-loop tape and
(1) 1 ¼” x 1″ rough part of hook-and-loop tape
Supplies needed for Pants
• Cotton fabric, black or other color (11″ x 22″)
• ¼” wide elastic 11″ long
Supplies needed for Chainmail Shirt and Chainmail Hood
• 29″ x 12″ of chainmail type fabric for the Chainmail Shirt, see Chapter Fabric Suggestions on page 14 for more information
• 22″ x 8″ of chainmail type fabric for the Chainmail Hood
• Fray-check (depending on fabric type used)
• ¼” x 10 ½” hook-and-loop tape
Supplies needed for Bonus Belt
• ½” wide metal buckle (3/8″ wide buckle also works if you can’t find a ½” wide buckle)
• ½” x 16″ + ½” x 7″ strip of black vinyl (or color of choice)
• 1/8″ hole punch (optional but highly recommended)
• Gel Super Glue
• Fabric Glue
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 48-page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Julia S. (verified owner) –
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch