How about a doll’s day at the Renaissance Festival? Does your doll want to become a Knight? This Knight’s Armor pattern from ReadCreations will make it happen. This pattern includes instructions for the Helmet, Breast Plate, Shield and Arm Guards. Eight different decorations are included for your Shield and Breast Plate. But why just limit yourself to a Knight, use vinyl instead of foam for the Arm Guard and Breast Plate and suddenly you can turn your doll into a hunter or any other fantasy figure. Decorations and instructions are also included for a vinyl Breast Plate and Arm Guards.
ReadCreations’ The Knight’s Garments Pattern (Pants, Chainmail Shirt, Tabard and Coif) are coming soon to finish your Knight’s look.
But wait, you also need to dress the ladies! Use the ReadCreations’ Medieval Dress, Tudor Ensemble or Viking Dress pattern to complete the scene.
This PDF pattern is designed to fit 18″ dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: 2mm foam and optionally vinyl
• (3) sheets of 2mm foam (9″ x 12″) for all foam armor
• (1) small sheet of 1mm foam (3″ x 5″) for Arm Guard decorations (optional)
• 12″ x 14″ vinyl if using for Breast Plate and Arm Guards
• Paintable caulking
• Spray bottle of black PlastiDip®
• Silver spray paint or whatever base color you want the armor to be
• Acrylic paint for decorating
• Rub’N’Buff® of your choice of color (optional, or use acrylic paint for decoration)
• Fabric painting medium for acrylic paints (optional but highly recommended)
• ¼” and 1/8″ hole punch
• Card board (e.g. cereal box)
• Contact cement (e.g. Weldwood)
• Gel Super Glue
• PVC glue when using card board
• Rotary cutter and cutting board (optional but recommended)
• 3′ to 4′ plastic gutter cover (found mine and HomeDepot) or card board (e.g. cereal box)
• (1) spool of 1/8″ wide black ribbon or twill tape (at least 104″)
• 1″ long piece of ½” wide black ribbon
• ¼” wide black elastic (8½” long)
• If using the gutter cover, 1/16 drill bit + coping saw (optional, Exacto® knife works too)
• Exacto® knife
• Heat gun
• 3mm and 5mm metal studs (optional, for decorating vinyl armor)
• Either 1″ x 1″ Hook-and-Loop tape or (2) small snaps (only for vinyl Breast Plate)
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 55-page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Julia S. (verified owner) –
Haven’t had time to make these outfits yet but I’m so glad to have the pattern in my period costume collection.
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch