This Kimono PDF pattern will give your 18″ doll, like American Girl® Dolls, an Asian flair. Not interested in a Kimono? Turn the pattern into a warm and snuggly bathrobe! Instructions for both options are included. This pattern is very easy to sew and is perfect for a beginning sewer.
Bonus instructions on how to make the belt (Obi) and shoes (Geta) are also included.
Recommended Fabrics: brocade, silk, cotton, terry, micro fleece or similar fabric
Supplies needed for the Kimono:
• 1 yard of brocade, silk, cotton or similar fabric or depending on your layout you might get by with 1/3 yard
Supplies needed for Bathrobe:
• 1 yard of terry, cotton, silk or micro fleece fabric
Supplies needed for the Obi (Belt):
• A strip (4 ½” x 24″ cut cross grain) of satin, cotton or similar fabric
• 1¾” x 13½” piece of felt (used as filler for belt, therefore color is not important)
• 1½” piece of hook and loop about ¼” wide (you can take a ½” or ¾” piece and cut in half lengthwise)
Supplies needed for the Geta (Shoes):
• 2¾” x 3½” piece of 1/8″ or ¼” plywood (I used a rectangle wooden plaque from a hobby store)
• 16″ of 1/8″ – ¼” black ribbon
• (4) wooden Skinny Sticks® or other wooden craft sticks (5¾” x ¼”)
• Glue (Tacky® Glue or any glue for wood)
• (2) small buttons, optional
• 12″ Clear elastic like elastic jewelry string, optional
Skill Level: Beginner
What You Get: One 27-page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
(0) (0) Watch Unwatch