Let’s have some fun on the water with ReadCreation’s Life Jacket pattern for 14″ to 14.5″ dolls such as WellieWishers™ and Hearts For Hearts Girls® dolls. Combine it with ReadCreation’s Swimsuit/Leo Pattern (omit the skirt as instructed in pattern) and Catamaran pattern to be all set for the Summer.
Life Jacket Pattern is also available for 18″ dolls such as American Girl® Dolls.
Recommended Fabrics: RipStop fabrics
• 1/6 yard of utility (ripstop) or any other non-stretch fabric
• (2) 3/8″ parachute buckles
• 18″ of 3/8″ grosgrain ribbon or twill.
• Lighter/matches to singe ribbon ends when using ribbon (to prevent them from unraveling) – ADULTS ONLY
• Use fray check when using twill or any other cotton material
• (1) sheet of standard felt 9″ x 12″ (similar to color of fabric)
• Cello or masking tape or similar (to hold ribbon pieces in place)
• Sewing machine zipper foot (optional, makes sewing close to buckles easier)
• Clothes or hair pins or such to hold inserts in place (optional)
• Glue for fabric like Aleene’s® Tacky Glue® or similar (optional, to hold insert pieces together)
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 20 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.