With this easy to sew Life Jacket PDF pattern, your doll will be able to safely participate in any water sport. This PDF sewing pattern was designed to fit 18″ dolls like American Girl®. Mix and match webbing and utility fabric colors to get many different looks. Even boy dolls will be happy to get their hands on one of these life jackets!
Turn your Life Jacket into a Winter Vest with this easy Pattern Hack.
Life Jacket pattern also available for WellieWishers™ and Hearts For Hearts®
Recommended Fabrics: RipStop fabrics
• 1/4 yard of RipStop or any other non-stretch fabric
• (3) 3/8″ parachute buckles
• 45½” of 3/8″ webbing, grosgrain ribbon or twill.
• Lighter/matches to singe webbing ends when using webbing or ribbon
• Use fray check when using twill or any other cotton material
• (2) sheets of standard felt 9″ x 12″ or 1/4 yard of felt-by-the-yard (similar to color of fabric)
• Painters or masking tape or similar
• Sewing machine zipper foot (optional)
• Clothes pins or such (optional)
• Glue for fabric like Aleene’s® Tacky Glue® or similar (optional)
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 24-page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.