This very versatile Pattern by ReadCreations is designed for the small 8″ baby dolls from the “Caring for Baby Set”® from American Girl® dolls and similar sized dolls. This pattern comes with a bonus hat and many different options:
– Neck: folded-over or with cuff
– Sleeve: no sleeves, short sleeves, long sleeves with or without cuffs
– Feet: footless or with feet
– Closure: hook-and-loop tape or snaps
– Opening: front or back
Even 18″ dolls need to be moms and big sisters from time to time and need to have some clothes for their little charges and a Sleeper is a must for any wardrobe.
There are also instructions on how the pattern can be adjusted to fit wider soft-bodied 8” dolls as well. Different doll measurements are provided within the pattern.
This pattern does NOT fit 15″ Bitty Baby® or Bitty Twin® dolls !!!
This PDF pattern is designed to fit 8″ Baby doll from the “Caring for Baby” set from American Girl® but will fit other 8″ baby dolls with similar body size.
Recommended Fabrics: lightweight two-way stretch fabric
• 12″ x 8″ of 2-way or 4-way light-weight knit fabric for main body
• 8″ x 5″ of 2-way or 4-way very light-weight knit fabric for sleeves and neck binding
• 7″ x 7″ of 2-way or 4-way light-weight knit fabric for hat
• ¼” x 2¾” Thin hook-and-loop tape set (soft and rough side) or (3) small snaps
• Optional: 5mm colored metal iron-on-studs (only for kids 3 years and older, choking hazard !!!)
• Optional: small piece of 1/8″ wide ribbon for decoration of hat
• Hand sewing needle
• Matching thread
• Tissue paper or coffee filter or something thin that can be easily ripped
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 50-page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
0 reviews with a 2-star rating
There are no reviews with a 2-star rating yet