This Reversible Tudor Partlet pattern has so many options. There are 5 neck options to choose from, 2 types of closures and an option to make the partlet from fabric or lace.
This partlet can be worn under a dress for modesty or over a dress to keep warm. The bonus hand muff will make sure your doll stays warm. Combine this partlet pattern with the Tudor Ensemble to get a complete look.
Add the partlet as a cover to the Medieval or Viking dress pattern, also available here from ReadCreations.
Since the partlet is reversible, you can get multiple looks from one partlet: open or close the front bottom, turn the back side to the front to not have an opening in the front and turn inside out to get a different color or decoration.
For those of you who like to embroider, do blackwork or who like to add beads, this pattern is for you. Add your decorations on one side and leave the other blank or do different decorations on each side to get two different looks.
This PDF pattern is designed to fit 18″ dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, lace or faux fur
• 14″ x 7″ of side 1 fabric (cotton, linen, satin, velvet, minky, faux fur, …)
• 14″ x 7″ of side 2 fabric (cotton, linen, satin, velvet, minky, faux fur, …)
• For closure either 12″ long 1/8″ wide ribbon or 3 – 4 mm round bead or tiny button
• Optional ruffle, pick one: lace or fabric
• ½” to 5/8″ wide ribbon for edging
• 3/8″ wide ribbon for neck band (14″ long)
• 14″ x 5″ lace fabric
• 12″ long 1/8″ wide ribbon or 3mm round bead or tiny button
• 6″ of gathered lace 3/8″ – 1″ wide (or long enough to gather yourself to 6″)
Bonus Hand Muff
• 5½” x 4″ outer fabric (fake fur, cotton, satin or brocade,…)
• 5½” x 3″ inner fabric (cotton, satin, …)
• 16″ long 1/8″ wide ribbon or string
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 30-page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.