Let’s have some fun on the water with ReadCreation’s Catamaran PDF pattern for 13″ – 18″ dolls. Don’t know how to sew? No problem, instructions contain sew and no sew options. When you are done playing, disassemble and store in bonus storage bag.
No doll is safe on the water without a Life Jacket from ReadCreations available in two fun sizes: for 18″ dolls and 14.5″ dolls.
Approximate overall dimensions of Catamaran: 34″ x 17″ x 32″ when assembled, 34″ x 9″ x 3″ when disassembled.
Disclaimer: Dolls should not go in the water. This Catamaran is intended for pretend play only!
Find out how to make the Polynesian raft shown in the example image by following along in the Pattern Hack on ReadCreation’s blog.
This PDF pattern is designed to accommodate 13-18″ dolls.
Recommended Fabrics: PVC, CPVC and ripstop fabric
Supplies needed for Catamaran
• 6′ of 2″ PVC
• 9′ of ½” CPVC
• (6) 90° connectors of ½” CPVC
• (1) T connector of ½” CPVC
• (5) ½” CPVC tube strap and (10) #4 flat head screws (½” long)
• (1) ½” CPVC cap
• PVC primer and glue
• (5) small eye hook (#216)
• Gel Super Glue®, E6000 Glue®, Hot glue gun and glue sticks
•Drill with small drill bits (1/16 , 3/16, and 1/8, you might have to adjust the drill bit size)
• Dremmel® with ½” drum sander attachment (optional, but extremely helpful)
• Sturdy cardboard and white paint and sealer or plastic 4′ white solid gutter
• Fine sandpaper
Supplies needed for Catamaran Sail (sew and no-sew option)
• 1/2 yard of color 1 (blue) rip stop nylon fabric
• 1/3 yard of color 2 (white) rip stop nylon fabric (58″ wide)
• 1/4 yard of color 3 (purple) rip stop nylon fabric
• Roll of 3/8″ wide HeatnBond Ultrahold® No-Sew Hem tape (no-sew option only)
• 23″ of 1/4″ boning or 1/8″ wooden dowel or (2) 13″ zip ties
• 25″ of 1/2″ wide hem tape, ribbon or single fold bias tape (or make your own single folded bias tape from rip stop nylon fabric)
• 5 yards of 1.8 mm poly cording (curtain string) (found e.g. at JoAnn Fabrics) or similar non-stretching thin string
• (4) 18mm round 2-hole cord locks (or similar small size) (optional, but recommended)
Supplies needed for Catamaran Seating (sew and no-sew option)
• 1/2 yard of black utility fabric (e.g. Duck Canvas) (sew option only)
• 2/3 yard of vinyl, Olyfun® (or reusable shopping bag) or any other strong non-fraying fabric (no-sew option only)
• 20″ of 3/4″ sew-on hook and loop tape (for sew version only)
• 46″ of 1/2″ commercial adhesive hook and loop tape (for no-sew version only)
Supplies needed for Storage Bag
• 2/3 yard of cotton or utility fabric (e.g. Duck Canvas)
• 5′ of 1/2″ – 5/8″ wide ribbon
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 62 page crafting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
0 reviews with a 1-star rating
There are no reviews with a 1-star rating yet